In the event you move an item to your Deleted Items folder and empty this folder, you may be able to find and restore these items on your own. You can recover deleted emails up to 14 days after deletion.
See the following steps as it pertains to which platform you are using:
- Choose the Folder menu
- Choose the “Recover deleted items” icon.
- In the window that appears, we can see a list of all the deleted items (the mail items that stored in the Deletion folder).
When choosing the option of “Restore selected items”, the mail item will be restored back to the Deleted items folder.
When choosing the option of “Purge selected items”, the mail item will be sent to the Purges folder (Hard delete).
- The process of recovering deleted mail items doesn’t restore the mail item to the “original folder” in which the mail item was originally created but instead, to the Deleted Items folder
- Once you've restored the item click on the Deleted Items folder and you should see the restored email:
- You can now move this email(s) to the desired location
Outlook 365 in the browser/OWA:
- Star off by clicking the More option
- Right click on the Deleted items folder and click Recover deleted items
- In the window that appears select the email(s) you need to restore and click the Restore button at the bottom right:
- These messages should be restored to the Deleted items folder. From there you can move them to the desired location