Setup 2-step verification
- Visit your Google 2-step verification page
- Click "Start setup"
- On the next page enter your cell phone number where you would like to get your access codes and click Send Code
- Enter the 6 digit code you received on your phone into the field on the page and click Verify
- On the next page you can choose to trust the computer you're on for 30 days
- Click Next then click Confirm
Your 2 step verification is now setup.
Also see Generate 2-step verification backup codes and Setting up application specific passwords in order to maintain account access in the event you lose your phone and to also generate device passwords so you can configure devices such as your iPhone and iPad and mail clients such as Outlook.