These instructions will walk you through how to setup an email group in Google apps that only allows members, owners and managers of the group to receive and post messages.
- Go to admin.google.com and login with your super admin account
- Click on Groups
- Click the Create Group button at the top right of the page:
- Give the group a name and enter the email address you prefer. Leave the Access Level as Public and click Create
- The group you created should show up in the list of groups now. Click on this group and click on Manage users in <group name>
- Add the users you want in this group in the Add new members field.
Note: It's best to add the users using their email addresses to ensure accuracy
- Click the back button at the top left of the window to go back to the group settings page
- Click on Access Settings
- Navigate to Permissions --> Basic permissions
- Click the drop down next to Post and ensure Public and All organization members is unchecked and click Save at the top of the window:
- Optional: You can navigate to Permissions --> Access permissions and change these settings to your liking in order to hide the members of this group from non-members
Once you've configured the settings under Basic permissions you should be all set.