How to Create a Signature
Click the gear icon in the upper right, then select Settings.
Enter your new signature text in the box at the bottom of the page next to the Signature option:
Click Save Changes at the bottom of the page.
How to add an image into Gmail signature
One now has to use an Image URL, to upload an image and obtain the URL. To do this perform the following steps:
- Above the signature block you can click on the Insert image button pictured below:
- The following window will open to allow you to select the location of the file. In most cases you will select the Upload tab and click Select a file from your computer as pictured below:
- You will then navigate to the picture you'd like to insert, select it and click Open/Ok
- The image will automatically insert into your signature. You can then resize the image to your liking
- Remember to scroll to the bottom and select Save Changes when you're done
Items to be aware of:
If you notice extra characters (such as * or >) being added to your signature after you send mail, it's because some versions of Gmail don't support rich text and we've converted some of your formatting. For example, when you send from Gmail using Safari on iPhone, any text you bolded in your signature will be marked with asterisks (i.e., example will show as *example*).
For rich text signatures, the maximum amount of characters you can use is 10,000 (including HTML markup).
If you send mail "from" multiple addresses in Gmail, you can set a different signature for each address in the General tab of your settings. Choose the second radio button in the "Signature:" section, use the drop-down menu to choose the appropriate address and set the signature you want.
If you're editing your signature and only have an option to create a plain text signature, this is due to your current compose message settings. Click Compose to create a new message, then click the Rich formatting option in the message. Once this change is made, you'll be able to create a rich text signature.
Signatures are separated from the rest of your message by two dashes. To see a signature in Gmail, click the Show trimmed content button at the bottom of the message.