Exchange account method (preferred):
- Open the Settings application on your device's home screen
- Open Mail:
- Tap Accounts:
- Tap Microsoft Exchange:
- Fill out the email and password fields. Feel free to change the Description field to what ever you'd like it to be:
If you are a 2-step verification user, please use an application-specific password instead of your regular password in this field.
- Tap Next at the top of your screen
- Choose Cancel if the Unable to Verify Certificate dialog appears
- Fill out the new fields as follows:
Domain: <leave blank>
Username: full email address
- Press Next at the top of your screen again
- All services are set to sync by default. Tap the sliders to turn off any services you do not want to sync to your phone
- Tap Save and your account will be setup
Google account method (alternative if Exchange does not work):
- Open the Settings app on your device.
- Select Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Select Add Account.
- Select Google.
- Fill out your account information in the following fields:
- Name: Enter your name
- User Name: Enter your full Google Account or Google Apps email address.
- Password: Your Google Account or Google Apps password. (If you’ve enabled 2 Step verification, you’ll need to generate and enter an application specific password.)
- Description: Enter a description of the account (e.g. Personal Contacts).
- Select Next at the top of your screen.
- Make sure that the "Contacts" option is turned ON. The switch should be green.
- Select Save at the top of your screen.
Gmail app alternative:
Alternately access Gmail using the Gmail app for iOS. This app gives you enhanced Gmail functionality on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch. It's available for free from Apple's App Store.